It is painful to admit it, but it is time to redesign your website, and you know it. It might seem like a Herculean task. Whether you are doing it by yourself or hiring a website designer, there are things you should consider while redesigning your website. A reinvigorated website will not only entice audiences while being more user friendly and bringing in more analytics for your understanding. With the help of analytical tools provided by HubSpot, Salesforce, SEMrush, you can tailor your offering and bring in more revenue.
So, what do I need to do, you ask?
- Consider your customer/audience– As the more and more consumers are moving to digital, your 10-year-old lacks the sophistication and interactive features of the current times.
- Design according to the persona by choosing favorable color schemes and layout to nudge your audience in the right direction.
- While designing, keep in mind about the efficient layout as per customer journey– consider mapping out the user/customer journey in advance. It is the entire process that a user follows from start to end. It will help you see the problem your consumers face at each touchpoint.
- streamline workflow
- retarget potential customers
- provide personalized communications and recommendations
- tackle issues and complaints.
- Your website should have content as per your audience, it should be informative, apparent, and engaging.
- Providing sitemap– sitemaps allow users and spiders(Google crawler bots that index and rank your website on Google search engine) to effortlessly find content on your website.
2. End in mind– If you clearly state your website’s objective, it becomes easy to put your efforts in the right direction. Your goal can be- purchase or sign up, designing your pages that lead to that gives you better results.
3. Devices and browsers– A website should be compatible with all major search engines and across various devices like computers, phones, and tablets. As we are more mobile than stationary, phones should be taken into consideration while designing the website. Many themes on WordPress provide how your site will look on different devices.
- The website should be lightweight; what I mean is it should download fast on phones in a cellular network.
4. Provide security– Your domain name should be secure with the SSL certificate as people hesitate to open an unsecured website. According to recent HubSpot Research, up to 85% of people will not continue browsing if a site is not secure. Also, use a security system if you collect information like personal info, bank details, login details, etc.
It can be overwhelming to design or redesign your website. Still, if you are involved in the process rather than giving all the authority to a website designer, you will be in a better place to understand a crucial aspect of your business. As they say, when you have to eat an elephant, cut it into pieces.